Vegan Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients For Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped into large pieces
⅓ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons Bragg roasted garlic nutritional yeast
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegan butter
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Ingredients For Pasta
8-12 ounces fettuccine pasta
2 cups broccoli florets
Fresh parsley, for garnish
Black pepper, to taste
In this recipe:
- Steam or boil cauliflower until fork tender, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Add almond milk, roasted garlic nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, vegan butter, nutmeg and salt. Blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving some of the starchy pasta water for thinning the sauce if needed.
- While the pasta is cooking, steam the broccoli florets until fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return the drained pasta to the pot over low heat and add the broccoli and cauliflower Alfredo sauce. Toss gently to combine, adding the reserved starchy pasta water ¼ cup at a time to thin the sauce as needed. Heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plates and garnish with parsley and black pepper.