Orange Tart Cherry Shrub
1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup Bragg Orange Tart Cherry apple cider vinegar
1 inch piece fresh ginger, thinlysliced
1 cinnamon stick
In this recipe:
- Muddle together the cherries and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the orange and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the ginger. Muddle well. Transfer the mixture to a quart-sized jar or container. Add cinnamon stick. Stir mixture, cover and refrigerate for 2 days.
- After 2 days, open the jar and muddle very well. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean 32-ounce glass jar.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 10 minutes prior to rolling to soften slightly.
- The shrub will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. Sip as is or dilute with still or sparkling water.