Whether you are in a panic because you’ve suddenly run out of nail polish remover or are looking for non-toxic ingredients to lead a healthier lifestyle, apple cider vinegar is the household solution to removing polish in a safe and effective way. Studies show that overexposure to chemical toxins found in nail polish removers may cause respiratory issues, skin ailments and damage to your nails over time. Not only does ACV protect your nailbeds and cuticles with its antibacterial components but it helps soften the nails, too—helping you properly prepare for your next manicure session!
1. Mix equal parts ACV and lemon juice
2. Soak your nails in warm water for 10 minutes
3. Use a cotton ball to remove old polish
Share this article